We are delighted to announce the launch of the
A unique coaching program for up and coming spin bowlers…
Since opening The Cricket Asylum in 2012 we have had an amazing number of talented young spinners through our doors from across the country, with our spin specialist Chris Schofield leading the way in developing this talent. We’ve seen chinamen, leggies, doosras and good old fashioned accurate off spin on show! So with many good young spinners around why are there so few playing high level senior cricket, first class cricket and international cricket??
We believe the all round development of these spinners is desperately lacking through the transition into senior Cricket and beyond. The Spinstitute has been setup to fix this issue aspiring young spinners! The program is year round designed to guide you through the 2018 season and continue development leading up to the 2019 season.
We know you have the talent, but have you got what it takes to go all the way? If you’re between 11 and 19 (and a spin bowler obvs) you can apply to attend The Spinstitute.
- Increase consistency
- Learn with other spin bowlers
- Develop variations
- Understand bowling to a game plan
- Spin bowling specific fitness
- Develop mental strength required to bowl at the highest level
- Bowl at high level senior/professional players
The TCA Spin Bowling Academy Includes
- 20 x 1:1 Coaching sessions with Chris Schofield
- 27 hrs of spin specific group sessions
- TCA matches in 2018 and 2019 seasons with detailed performance feedback
- PitchVision licence to view videos via mobile app
- Remote support throughout the season
- TCA training kit
- 20% discount on selected TCA courses throughout the year
Summer group sessions
11am – 2pm Wednesday 1st August to Wednesday 29th August (excluding 22nd August)
Autumn group sessions
10am – 11:30am Saturday 3rd November to Saturday 24th November
2019 Pre-Season Sessions
CHRIS SCHOFIELD (former England, Lancs & Surrey leg spinner)
MATTHEW DAWSON (Level 3 Performance Coach, former Cheshire CCC player & Head Coach at TCA)
UMESH KARUNARATNE (Sri Lankan 1st Class Cricketer & Walsden CC Professional off spinner)
SPACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED AND SUBJECT TO APPLICATION PROCESS
£300 Deposit required to secure your place followed by
£110 per month for 12 months August 2018 to July 2019 or £220 per month for 6 months from August 2018 to January 2019
To apply for a place please send a short email application detailing age, playing experience/level, spin style and Cricket aspirations to our Head Coach, Matthew Dawson on email@example.com.